Tuesday, June 7, 2011

A Backgrounder Before the Wedding Update. Long post...sorry

Thanks goodness that the weekend is finally over!
What a painfully crazy weekend.

It all started with the arrival of my second eldest brother and his family who had driven up from Georgia for the wedding. He arrived with a stick up his azz as usual, grunting, pouting, and this time ignoring my husband and me.

Now let me try to fill you in on the dynamics of the family.
My mother has 5 children, 3 from her first marriage, and my younger brother and I from the second.
We were all raised by my mother and her second husband (my dad).
The older sibling's father had given up all his parental rights after the divorce.
My dad stepped in to continue raising them.
Unfortunately, my dad spoiled them rotten in an attempt to bey their love and acceptance.
The more they griped the more he gave.
Even after they had left home and started families, he continued to shower them with gifts and they were ungrateful little fucks.
He would purchase cars and large appliances and have them shipped or driven to whatever place in the country my sibling was living.
My eldest brother was given complete furnishings for his apartment after his first wedding.
Baby showers were completely paid for by my dad.

Now, were weren't exactly "well off" but we lived a comfortable life.
My dad was a  CPA and a financial wizard and knew how to make things work.
As my father's illness began to take it's toll our financial stability became shaky.
My father's heart began to give and he underwent several surgeries prior to him passing.
He still wanted to provide what the family was accustomed to.
He continued to look out for my siblings and their families.
Still providing cars when needed, rented an apartment and provided a car for my eldest brother and his family when they moved back to Chicago.
He bought complete winter wardrobes for all the children who had moved from a warmer climate.

Still ungrateful little fuck.

My dad past away with quite a few debts. The family home was in the clear but there were bills to be paid.

My younger brother and I picked up the slack and kept the household running. We maintained the family home and we made sure that my mother was taken care of.

The elder siblings did nothing.

Okay let's bring this story up to date.

A few years ago my eldest brother moved back to Chicago after 9/11 with wife number 3 and child number 6.
 My mother allowed him to move into the family home until they could get back on their feet. They never offered to pay for anything or help with the upkeep. Finally after months, my mother kicked them out. A year later my eldest brother was back living with my mother because he was divorcing wife number 3. "he had no place to go, what could I do?" stated my mother.

Once again, no contributions were made to the household for over 2 years. No groceries, no house work, no yard work, no rent, no bills paid, not even toilet paper. He quit his job a year ago and started a "religious" gift business and got engaged to a woman who was 22 years younger. She's a freelance videographer and photographer. They met in the church choir. So the traipse around being "churchy" and "born again".
HEY HOW ABOUT SOME DAMN HELP HERE!
I understand your happiness of being "born again" but I think you might be missing some big steps in that process.

My husband and I take care of my mother's household. She is elderly and on a limited budget. We handle her groceries, household upkeep, cable, phone, landscaping, etc.  My mother pays for the basic utilities, which can soar here in Chi.
She had gotten herself in trouble with a high interest loan that was gotten to pay off my father's debts. My husband and I corrected the problem but we are now on the new mortgage. Yeah, eke! She can now afford to keep up with her payments and still have a little money left over.
My Father left the house to me.
I have been on the Title of the house for many years, yet I don't flex my muscles too often. I wanted her to feel that it still was her home.

My mother has been in and out of the hospital this year and was diagnosed with liver cancer. She's got great insurance, however the co pays do add up.
We don't want her to worry or stress about the mounting bills.
My husband sent out a text message to all the male members of the family, asking that they all contribute $300 to cover the co-pay.
He worded it "As the men of the family, it would be a great gesture to take on this responsibility".
Only my youngest brother responded.
It's been more than 3 weeks with no other responses.


It seems that the grudge my siblings had against my father has now been passed on to me!

So bringing the story full circle, this is why my second oldest brother has a stick up his ass!

Sorry about the long post, but I had to get some things out there before the wedding update.

The wedding update will be posted this afternoon

No comments: