Friday, February 3, 2012

NT Scan

Well, I did it.
I had the scan done yesterday.
Both babies were still there and still thriving.
Thank you God!!!
I'm 12 weeks 1 Day today.
Almost there, almost out of the first trimester.
Officially told my youngest brother yesterday.
He was overjoyed.
Holding out to tell everyone else for another week.

Had to meet with the genetic counsellor before my scan.
She asked me what I knew about the scan, told her.
She really didn't have much more to say but that I really did my research.
The blood test was just a simple finger prick.
The best part was getting to see the babies again.

Baby A and B were so active, it took a while for the tech to get measurement.
Tech said, from what she could see things looked structurally good.
They were putting their hands near their mouths and touching their faces.
It was so surreal!
Too early to tell the sexes of course.
They are definitely fraternal.
I still can't believe they are in me...wow!

I'm not too afraid of the results.
Something deep inside of me tells me that things are going to be okay.
Haven't felt like this in a long time.
Whatever the results, I think things will be okay.

Sorry, I have to run.
Gotta take my big sis to the meat packing district for shopping.
Goodness, I hope I don't get sick looking at all carcasses hanging around.
Can you tell how excited I am? LOL!



5 comments:

Life Happens said...

Yay! So glad the babies continue to do well. When you start telling people, it's nice to see their ractions to your wonderful news. Enjoy your weekend!

elizabeth said...

Awesome! Can you understand if I say I am jealous?!

Just T said...

I am so happy the twins are doing well and so are you. Absolutely precious!

Emily @ablanket2keep said...

I am so happy they and you are doing well!

Sandy said...

I'm so happy for you!