Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Tax Season is Upon Us and NT scan results

Hey ladies!
My Internet is acting a bit wonky today but I am pushing through it to get a quick blog out.
First , thank you everyone for the words of encouragement and kind thoughts.
Busy week already!

My mom is doing great and the stint in her liver is still working. She is now up to 128lbs. This summer the cancer had her down to 98lbs. So things are stable for now.

My mother-in -law is doing chemotherapy and it's finally effecting her hair. Spoke to some really nice people at the American Cancer Society and they gave me some great leads to programs and boutiques that can help her during this time. She's a very private person, so it's almost like a covert operation.

Attempting to plan a babymoon before I get to far along.
Bought a maternity swimsuit after putting on my regular tankini on and having Husband laugh his azz off. That swimsuit was hanging on for dear life.

Husband and I were intimated last night for the first time since 2 days before me FET, the end of November.
This is the longest we've ever gone without lovemaking, plus we never averaged less than 4 times a week.
Crazy, I know...dirty old people we are!
I was scared sh-less! I guess I will eventually relax.

Okay, It's tax season and I've posted this before, but I want to re post so you can benefit from it.
IVF and some treatments are tax deductible. Please take advantage of it if you can.
http://www.ehow.com/print/how_6058411_deduct-cost-ivf-federal-taxes.html


Finally, I got the results of my NT scan and first trimester screening yesterday afternoon.
It was good news.
Results for both babies.
1-971 chance of Downs
1-3600 chance of Trisomy 18 & 13

Husband doesn't want an amnio test.
I kinda need a break from all the testing too.
Just gonna take it easy for a while try to enjoy the pregnancy.
Starting to slowly announce the pregnancy.
I'm not sure if how to do it.
Suffering from infertility myself, I know how it feels.Not sure or what I'm trying to say, but I don't like being boastful.
I thought I would shout it from the rooftops but now I  have reservations.
I really don't know.

4 comments:

Wiley said...

If you figure out the art of announcing, pass it on. My strategy so far has been a soft launch. It comes up with people we physically see obviously and then I'll reference it in comments in facebook, but not as a status in it's own right.

In our case, it's a third pregnancy with two living kids and one stillborn, so I think there is less expectation of announcing, but still a definite potential for people to get hurt feelings. But, I figure almost everyone knows and understands why and so I'm not too worried.

I also have some superstitious fears of calling the wrath of the universe down on us.

Those odds sound great! I would also go with no amnio in that case.

ALl good thoughts your way.

Heather said...

Hi i’m Heather! I have a question for you! Please email me :)
HeatherVonSJ[at]gmail[dot]com

Babette said...

Hey Ladies! the above comment is spam! beware. The same post can be seen on several blogs. Just google the email address. I'll leave it up to warn others.

Emily @ablanket2keep said...

Thanks for the warning! I am so happy the NT scan went well! Glad your Moms are doing well. Keeping them in my thoughts and prayers. A babymoon sounds like an awesome idea!