Monday, April 30, 2012

Sorry For Being Gone For So Long

Sorry I haven't posted lately. When my Brain isn't mush, I've been too busy or too tired to pull my thoughts together.

My good friend suffered another early miscarriage after a FET. I was so disappointed and sad at first then angry. When things like this happen, you want to get angry at someone or something because it doesn't make sense.

Another friend of ours had her first FET and I was on pins and needles awaiting her beta and u/s results.
So far so good but you almost want to hold your breath until that person gets pass the first trimester.
The first trimester is Hell for us battling the Infertility Devil, even if you aren't the one going through it.

Finally, a friend going through IUI with injectables got her big BFP! great numbers!!!!
I hope that she breezes through early pregnancy and can relax.

Yes I get emotionally involved in this. It's not the pregnancy hormones either. I am and have been these women. I know how it feels. I can relate to the pain.
Infertility whether it is by unknown or known causes will change you.
Like any other disease, you can be changed by it.

The week after my rib contusion, Husband and I finally went on our long awaited Babymoon.
Funny thing, As soon as we landed I finally began to really feel pregnant.
My feet began to swell
My belly had a growth spurt
And my walk with gazelle like strides (lol) had become a waddle
I short distances became miles and I got stuck in a seat in the lobby of the resort

Tons of activities at the resort, many I couldn't partake in.
My two biggest feats were going on a manatee boat tour and getting into the pool without the help of Husband.

It had to look quite funny, I sat on the edge of the pool and attempted to plop in the welcoming waters.
Thought I was looking cute with my black and white maternity swimwear.
My god I almost had to roll to get in. Why didn't I use the shallow end?!
I had to lean forward with arms stretched out and have Husband drag my hugeness off the ledge and into the pool.
Okay I look like a mams manatee!
I betcha that wasn't cute at all!

After a swim I injured the other side of my back, once again while coughing.
I was in the elevator and there was this kid that smelled like chlorine and body funk.
Hey, super smelling powers come with pregnancy
Once he got off , I sneezed and coughed almost simultaneously.
OUCH!!! I pulled something.
I laid on the bed with my back twisted with pain.
The following day Husband arranged for me to have a prenatal massage at the spa.
OOh, it was so so good!
They gave me tea with honey and fruit as I waited in the lounge.
The massage was delightful
At that time it was better than sex!!!!
I wanted it to go on and on. lol!
The baby boy inside me started to roll around as if he was enjoying it too.
Damn, it was good.

Okay update on the twins,
baby girl is slightly bigger than baby boy
Both are doing well and becoming more and more active
Husband finally felt movement from the outside and it just added to his performance anxiety. lol!
Finally registered for the shower.
It really isn't as much fun as I thought it would be.
I'm a bit conservative about things and only registered for what is needed.
Sometimes it's a bit of a sensory overload.
Starting to ramble, I'll be back this week with more random thoughts.

1 comment:

Emily @ablanket2keep said...

Glad you had a great babymoon! So wonderful to hear your little ones are growing and doing well. I hope your back and ribs feel better soon!