Thursday, May 31, 2012

My Mother's Health

When I named this blog, the letting go part referred to many things. I had been through a devastating miscarriage after several ART cycles and my mothers health was starting to become an issue. A lot of things to wrap my mind around at that time. My mother has liver cancer. She's had many close call since the diagnosis. Many times we came close. We had a pleasant period from last October until a few weeks ago. She gained andaintained her weight and was stable. The jaundice was coming back and the stint was replaced in march and then again last week. The doctor noticed that the tumor had grown greatly in a very short period of time. We can only count on her stint to keep the jaundice away and keep her comfortable. A few nights ago she developed a fever due to a urinary track infection. The fever was brought under control and she was prescribed antibiotics. Last night her fever returned and brought under control again. Today she was disorientated and hardly able to walk. The nurse told me that it takes time for the antibiotics to fight the infection and it will have to run it's course. The nurse also said this may be the final decline in her health. Can't say I am surprised but silly me thought I had just a little more time. I knew our time was limited but now I worry that she might not even make it to The birth. Hard stuff to wrap my head around.

4 comments:

Sandy said...

I'm so sorry! Sending prayers your way and hoping for the best!

Just T said...

Babette I am so very sorry. I know this news is very hard. I will keep you and your mother in my thoughts and pray she will be here for the birth.

Emily @ablanket2keep said...

Keeping her in my thoughts and prayers that she will be able to meet her Grand babies.

Unknown said...

Stay strong, Babette. As they say, there is a reason for everything and every challenge you face will only make you stronger. These are nuggets of wisdom we can hold onto every time we face hardships. You can do it. Stay healthy for your child and strong for your mom. Make sure you ask the doctor for advice to keep your family’s immune system in good condition to keep up with what you’re going through.

Aubrey Holloway