Friday, January 27, 2012

11 weeks, First OB appointment

Had my first OB appointment yesterday.
I was a nervous wreck.
I think I've developed examination room anxiety disorder.
Over the past year, my experience with doctors had not been good.
The missed miscarriage
The cancer diagnosis of both of our moms
The chemotherapy appointments, outpatient surgergies, emergency room visits!
Maybe I've developed mental allergy to doctor's offices.

With all this said,
My appointment went very well.
I got to see the babies!
Had a little bit of discolored discharge that the OB checked out that was nothing
But I still was a bit freaked out
So, I got a quick ultrasound and got to see my little ones frolicking.
Thank you God they still were there and doing well.
The OB told me that the odds of miscarriage at this point were very slim.
I feel a bit better but I wish 2nd trimester would be here sooner.
Maybe then it would feel a little more real.

I'll be back tomorrow because I have much on my mind tonight
And I'm distracted by the serious news that a buddy of ours from the forum got bad news from a biopsy result.

Please, if you can send up a little prayer for her and all our girlfriends, sisters, and mothers battling cancer.

4 comments:

Life Happens said...

Glad you had a good appointment! Praying for the babies to keep growing!!!

Emily @ablanket2keep said...

Glad you had a good appt. Saying a prayer for your friend.

Wiley said...

I forgot to mention that I also have an interesting physiological response to the OB's office. Except in my case, we figured out that it is to the ultrasound machine in particular. I think it's knowing that it is there means that I know it is possible that I will know sometime in the next few minutes that one or two of my children is dead and I didn't even know it. My blood pressure pops up. We have described it as a very specific white coat syndrome.

Babette said...

Totally! I'm afraid of the whitecoats and that crazy machine! even though I love seeing my babies, the anxiety is too much!!