Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Egg Retrieval and Bittersweet news

Just a quick post before my pain meds take over.

Last night my mother's doctor called me with the "goodnew/badnews".

My mother's infection is clearing up well and her liver is functioning fine.

She should be able to come home soon.

Badnews, the biopsy of the blockage removed showed bile duct cancer. Doctor states it is slow moving and that it hadn't showed up in previous biopsies.

I'm in a weird shock.

We just have to take it one day at a time and figure out a "game" plan.

Didn't sleep.

Egg retrieval this morning.

18 retrieved. Just praying for a few good eggs.

It's difficult to be excited today.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Uhhhg oh Babatte, I'm sorry. I would have a hard time being excited too, although I am over the 18 retrieved. I am hoping the Bile Duct cancer is cureable?! Praying for you and your momma. I can't believe you already retrieved today, where have I been?! xoxoxoxox