Thursday, April 7, 2011

Update: Mom's home and New Cycle Started

The last few days have been very busy.
 
On Monday, my mother was released from the hospital and was able to come home.
The following day the visiting nurse trained my older brother, older sister, and me on the administration of meds. She will be receiving an IV of antibiotics once a day through a PICC line in her arm.
 
Easy for me but Big Bro and Sis were completely a mess.
While learning to flush the IV line, Big Sis shot saline solution all over the living room wall.
Mom must've felt better because she threw a towel over her own face and laughed until Big Sis completed her training.
Mom seems to be in good spirits and feeling better.
 
 
Wednesday marked the beginning of my new IVF cycle and the draining of my savings account!
 
I can't believe it, but I actually feel excited.
 
Feels like I've done IVF a million times.
 
How could I be excited?
 
Just not going to question it, and enjoy the feeling.
 
I feel more optimistic this time than all my previous cycles.
 
Just not going to question it!
 
new doctor + new protocol= healthy new baby?
 
Just not going to question it!
 
Not letting that "infertility demon" get me down!
 
I'm doing the Shoyer protocol this time or estrogen priming.
Put my first estrogen patch on yesterday and tonight I take my first Ganirelix injection.
Sounds a bit backwards but Ganirelix and estrogen are used after the last birth-control pill and before my AF.
 
Just not going to question it!
 
I like these feelings of excitement and optimism.
These feelings seem almost brand new to me.
I don't want these feelings to stop!
 
 
I pray that this is the beginning of a new happier chapter in my TTC story.
 
It feels so right and I am not going to question it.

No comments: