Thursday, April 14, 2011

Grumpy

Grumpy!
Woke up feeling grumpy this morning.
Yesterday was a very long day.
Went to the hospital thinking that tube that drains my mother's abscess was being removed but it was just repositioned.
What we thought was going to be a step towards getting back to normal was another setback.
She's getting better but it's taking longer than we would like.
Another procedure will be done next week to monitor the abscess.
I feel so bad seeing her go through all this.
When I got home, just felt dog tired.
Managed to pack my husband's lunch and lay out my clothing for my RE appointment before my brain just quit.
Somehow I've managed to amass a wardrobe especially for RE and doctor's appointments!
That's just CRAZY!
It's almost like I have a strange uniform code.
Easy on
Easy off
Black bra and black granny panties ,because wearing my normal sexy stuff doesn't seem appropriate.
Pairs of silly socks to lighten the mood
Loose sleeves so the nurse can easily draw blood for testing.
And I always use my "good" shower gel and body lotion.
CRAZY!
and I do this without even thinking.
It's almost sad that I have a routine!
The sun was shining this morning but I woke up in such a grumpy mood.
Almost pissed at the fact that I was donning my "IVF uniform"
Upset because Aunt Flo was a bit delayed.
Irate because husband might not be in town for my egg retrieval because of Aunt Flo's delay.
And strangely pissed at a former cycle buddy, but that's another story.
Maybe, I just needed to get a little mad because of all the stress.
Despite all this, my appointment went well and I managed to do it all with a smile on my face.
Got home and Grumpy was back.
UGH!
Just when I thought that today would just be "Grumpy day", I received an email from my very first cycle buddy.
We chat often and she seems like a little sister to me.
She had struggled with a devastating miscarriage and infertility before finally having her daughter thanks to A.R.T. and has gone on to give birth to another daughter naturally.
She's never given up on me or left me in alone in my journey.
Today she told me that she wanted to make me a diaper cake for my babyshower.
That line right there turned my day around!
Isn't it funny how a few kind words of encouragement can change one's day?
Just reading that gave me so much hope and strength.
Someone out there still believes in me!
Thank you Tammy!
You saved my day!

No comments: