Sunday, August 14, 2011

Pickles, sweet or sour

First I would like to apologize for not blogging more often.

So much occurs everyday.

Like pickles, some sweet some sour

I keep myself distracted by canning jars of pickles.

This year, my garden is overflowing with cucumbers and I can hardly keep up.

Some days I make sweet pickles.

Some days I make my extra spicy sour dill pickles.

Each day is like the pickles.

Some are slightly sweet but also sour and vinegary

Others are just incredibly sour

This past week the anticipation of a good friend's beta after FET made the days sweet.

I was so sure and so happy for her.

Deep down inside I knew she would get good news.

Each post she made and test she posted really made my day.

Husband was on the verge of two job offers that would finally allow him to be home more.
Laying out his outfits for the final meetings was sweet.

With his current position, he has been traveling abroad 15 days a month every other month for the past 5 years.
Early on, it didn't bother me too much because I was still flying 3 days a week myself.
Afterwards I still managed but with all the sad recent developments, I really need him here.

He accepted a new position on Thursday and we are thrilled!
Sweet!

He had to leave for final engagement, 2 weeks in Brazil, on Saturday.

Despite the fact that I never got my period, the doctor started me on birth control to prepare me for my FET.

This cycle I will be using estrace tablet, estrogen patches, and estrogen injections to try and counteract whatever caused my uterus's strange lack of response I had last cycle.

Trying to mentally prepare myself for the hormone crazies.

Now for the truly sour part of the update.

My mother is not doing so well.

She lost weight after the last infection and is not gaining it back.

The oncologist has decided to stop all chemotherapy.

There is nothing else they can do.

She has a scan this week to determine how bad things are and what can be done to keep her comfortable.

I have excepted this because, what else can I do.

I can only hope to get pregnant with a healthy pregnancy to ease her mind.

My mother-in-law is also ailing.

She has a tumor in her stomach and will begin chemotherapy Monday.

That's a lot of sour stuff to deal with.

I wish I could comfort myself with prayer, but that doesn't work.
I miss the comfort prayer used to bring me.
I wish I could take comfort in my faith but I think that I have to little now.


No comments: