Monday, March 14, 2011

Has Infertility Broken My Funnybone?

What doesn't kill us makes us stronger.Friedrich Nietzsche

Like many women before me dealing with infertility, I say "Well I must be one of the strongest women in the world! I must be Wonderwoman! Heck SheRa!'

SO why do I feel so weak? Why am I as sensitive as an exposed nerve?

I was always a sensitive person, but somehow I was always able to get past things and move forward.

Why is my shell weakening instead of strengthening?

It's strange now. Even movies I once loved can carry loaded messages that are almost unbearable.

One of my favorite movies, an obscure small budget film, touched that raw nerve of infertility.

The opening scene ,which was once comical, is almost painful to watch now.



1 comment:

Kim said...

Oh I can see how that was once funny, but no longer. Heart breaking indeed. I think what doesn't kill use makes us stronger, but perhaps more vulnerable. Some things will never be funny again though, sadly. :(