Thursday, March 10, 2011

War! What is it good for?

Last evening while I was refilling my lovely pill tray with vitamins, a strange thought crossed my mind. 12 different supplement pills a day looks really crazy!
 
Am I at war against my body or am I trying to make it healthier? All those pills look like I am at war! In the journey to conceive, have we declared war on our bodies?
 
I think about all my cycles. We take tons of supplements.
We let strangers probe, poke and jab around in our woohoo.
We poke ourselves over and over with needles.
First we take one shot to suppress our ovaries 'ssshh! go to sleep ladies' , and then we take shots to stimulate the crap out of them 'wake the hell up you lazy witches! Wake up but don't you dare let those eggs go yet!!."  Poor ovaries! They must think we hate them!
 
We give one more shot!  Trigger! "Okay you can let go now." 
 
Then too top it all off, we let one stranger drug us and another put a big azz needle inside us and suck the eggs out. I can only imagine what my body would say if it could talk. It's almost like a sadistic assault! 
 
A few days later you let the stranger that sucked your eggs out to pry open your cervix and squirt the eggs back in, then you bombard your body again with progesterone.
 
You have two choices, either you can stick this big ole messy wax pill in you woohoo or you can trust your husband to jab you in the azzz with a inch and a half length needle ( remember it has to go all the way in).
 
Then we wait in the two week wait purgatory!
 
When you look at it that way you wonder what makes us go through with it.
In my case it can only be love...I'm working on the faith part.
 
I'm planning for another IVF cycle in April.

2 comments:

Kez71 said...

I hear ya..but really..if our bodies would just do as they were asked there would be none of this war at all!

Kim said...

Hey girl!!! I am so glad to see your blogging. Sorry I have been MiA in our forum, but I guess after 2 years of this nonsense, it got depressing being there still. I don't want to be around to get lapped (meaning some who are going on two while I still haven't had one) it's hard. Anyway, I am eager to follow your blog and so happy to hear your cycling again in April. I love your resilency, so inspiring. Xoxoxxoxoxo